Monday, November 23, 2015

Back to real life: Happy Thanksgiving!

After a quick peek above the surface last week it's back to real life for me.

But I did want to take a second to wish my handful of regular readers a Happy Thanksgiving and hopes that you get to get to spend it at home with those you love.



Normally, I'd complete a list of "things I'm thankful for" at this point but those who know me best already know.

I'm also going to be preparing for the beginning of Advent so I'll just throw this out as well....


One of the most overlooked Holidays, the season of Advent is something that I think needs renewed focus, especially during these times.

My plan was to come back to blogging prior to the Houston run-off election but that doesn't seem workable now except in fits and starts.  As an accountant, and with year-end close looming, and a husband, with family things taking precedence, I just don't foresee myself offering up much into the local conversation until after the New Year, and perhaps not even then on a consistent basis.

So I leave you, for now, with wishes for the Happiest of Holiday season for you and your families, regardless of what faith you profess (if any).

So Happy ChrisHannakaKwanzamas to you all.  And Happy Festivus for the rest of us.

Begin the airing of grievances!