Friday, September 27, 2013

College Football Predictions (Week 5)

My apologies for the late entry this week, I was out of town at a business conference....


First, some numbers from last week. I took too many upsets last weekend and finished 8-4 SO and 4-7 ATS. This leaves me at 43-16 SO and 26-32 ATS for the season. Clearly you'd be better off taking my spread predictions and betting against whatever it is I'm suggesting.


That said, let's power ahead shall we?


Oklahoma State(-19) @ West Virginia - OSU 42 WVU 7 - West Virginia has been horrible this year.

Southern Methodist @ TCU(-19) - SMU 3 TCU 17 - It's not that I think SMU is any good, it's that I don't think TCU is good at all. The o/u here (52.5) is also attractive. (under)

Louisiana State @ Georgia(-3) - LSU 27 UGA 24 - From what I've seen, LSU might be the best team in the country. That said, I think their schedule is eventually going to get them. I just don't think it will be this week.

Oklahoma (-3.5) @ Notre Dame - OU 24 ND 13 - I still don't think Notre Dame is very good and that Michigan loss is looking worse and worse as the weeks go by.

Connecticut @ Buffalo (EVEN) - UCONN 24 BUFF 13 - I want to believe that the Huskies are better than Buffalo. For Michigan's sake I hope so.

Ole Miss @ Alabama(-14.5) - Ole Miss 17 Ala 42 - At some point Alabama's going to look like Alabama right?

Texas A&M(-15) @ Arkansas - aTm 42 Ark 35 - The consensus is that aTm, with Manziel, can score on anyone. Unfortunately for the Aggies almost anyone can score on them as well.

Wisconsin @ Ohio State(-7) - Wisky 10 OSU 37 - The way they've been rolling, is there any reason to pick against the Buckeyes right now?

Southern California(-4) @ Arizona State - USC 20 ASU 28 - Down from last week I'm only picking on (mild) upset this week. I feel pretty good about Sparky at home.


And finally......(No Michigan game this week so I'm going with the Houston team for the "finally" game)

University of Texas-El Paso(-3) @ Houston - UTEP 27 UH 24 - The line was taken down on Thursday evening before I wrote this post. So I'm unsure what's happening here on the injury front. That said I still like the Miners who have shown themselves well against tougher.