Tuesday, September 10, 2013

College Football Predictions: Week 2 Results

Everyone has bad (terrible, awful, truly horrendous) weeks. I'm hoping that these were mine.



First off, the ugly numbers: 9-6 straight up but a horrible 4-11 against the spread. If you're keeping track that means that I'm 22-10 straight up for the season but an alarming 11-21 against the spread. I've got a Vegas trip coming up so, if I plan on turning a profit, I had better start picking it up.

Unfortunately, like most, I work a job and don't have time to drill into the numbers like I want to. But I couldn't be a full-time gambler either. If you think you can don't forget about the swings. I like my salary. What this means is that as I'm writing this the San Diego Chargers just intercepted a pass and then scored on the next play to go up 7-0 over the Texans. It will publish tomorrow so I'll refrain from commenting on the game because I'll probably get that wrong as well.


As usual, here are my takeaways from last weeks College Football action:



1. - If aTm doesn't improve on defense 'Bama is going to beat them by 30. As it is, the Aggies are getting 14 points against Bama and I am leaning aTm in that game. I'll have to watch the line and see where it goes.

2. - UT-Austin might be one of the worst coached teams I've ever seen. That's not hyperbole.

3. - Never bet on Bobby Patrino. Just don't.

4. - OU fans: It's time to start seriously worrying.

5. - UH fans: I'm still not impressed with the Cougar Jr. Varsity men's football team. You barely beat Temple. Temple.

6. - The #SECmyth hashtag is starting to trend. However, at the top they are the best still, until someone beats them.

7. - Someone has to win the Big Twen this year right?

8. - If NC State had lost to Richmond it would have set them up perfectly for an upset of Clemson. Alas.

9. - Suddenly we're all going to get a lesson on the Statute of Limitations and how it applies to Oklahoma State.

And finally......


10. - Take that Notre Dame. (Go Blue!)