Thursday, September 12, 2013

College Football Predictions: Week 3 (short version)

This is the point in the season where it all starts to get clear.


One of the reasons I time my annual Las Vegas College Football betting run until later in the year is because of what happened in the first two weeks. Many teams that you "thought" would be OK (I'm looking at you UT-Austin, Florida) and teams that you thought might be pretty bad (Miami, Auburn) turn out to be not as horrible as you first thought. This is why I don't pay (much) attention to pre-season rankings until after the first two weeks of conference play. It's also why I won't bet anything in football until there are some real world examples to follow. I understand that there are wise-guys and sharps out there who can do well in the first of the year, but I have neither the time nor the resources to put in the crunch time needed to be really good.

Now, because games are getting ready to start:  Some picks.

TCU (-3) at Texas Tech  TCU 20 Tech 27 - I realize it's risky, but I like the Raiders here.


More picks to come tomorrow but I wanted to get this one in before kick off.