Friday, September 28, 2012

NFL picks: Week 4

Picking NFL games is not my favourite pass-time, I tend to enjoy picking college games more.  However, since Houston is in dire need of some NFL prognostication I've decided to give it a whirl on week 4.

If I end up with a worse record than McClain then I'll retire from NFL prognostication and return quietly to college, with an apology to the General soon to come.  I think I'm going to beat him however.  All picks are straight up, I'm not worried about the betting line, I'm not a handicapper.


Titans 10 @ Texans 27 - Should be a relative walk in the park for Houston's pro football team.  And by walk in the park I mean expect the running game to finally get on track as the Titans fold into a 2-deep shell.

Vikings 24 @ Lions 13  - The Lion's defense has been atrocious this year. Minnesota is better than a lot of experts thought.

Panthers 7 @ Falcons 35 - Anyone who thinks this game is going to be close hasn't been paying much attention to football for the first 3 weeks.

49'ers 27 @ Jets 3 - An angry San Fran team, a beat up and suddenly struggling Jets team that can't run the ball?  Go Niners!

Seahawks 24 @ Rams 20 - This final score is in place provided Sam Bradford stays healthy all game.  Given the nature of the Seahawks D I'd say the odds are 50-50.

Saints 20 @ Packers 41 - The biggest question for this game is whether or not New Orleans remembers how to tackle.

Redskins 13 @ Buccaneers 6 - If, after last week's disaster, you pick Tampa Bay to score more than ten you need to turn in your prognosticator card.  It's not that they can't do it, it's that they're unlikely to unless the play calling changes drastically.

Bears 27 @ Cowboys 24 - Chicago's defense has been pretty stout this year.  Romo and company tend to struggle against physical, ball hawking defenses.  Should be close however because both teams are flawed.