Monday, July 20, 2015

Presumptuous Blogging: Things you should read.

Like that headline?

I did. But then, I'm easily amused.  As I stated earlier I'm on a mock hiatus from poli-blogging for a bit, but I did threaten to try and compile some link posts from time to time.  In that vein, if you are a Houstonian and missed these stories you might want to spend a few moments catching up.....


Houston METRORail numbers are not only down, they're way down. (BlogHouston) - As Neil says in the post however the tracks are built, and to rail supporters that's all that matters.

And more tracks equals more auto/pedestrian/train wrecks. (BlogHouston) - Blog Houston DID, quite intelligently, call it the DangerTrain after all.  While the default of supporters is to blame "stupid Houstonians" there is some fault to be applied to the at-grade design itself.

So far, there are few TV ads running in Houston's Mayoral race. (Houston Chronicle) $$$ - Whether or not this is a good or bad development I leave entirely to your judgment.

Bike riders are tired of sharing the road with cars. (HoustonPress) - Maybe we should just outlaw cars? Although I doubt, given the history of bike "advocates" even that would make them happy.


Enjoy.