Monday, December 16, 2013

A short break and (by the way) this Texans team has quit.

I'm going to be taking a short blogging break to attend to some stuff in the real world, and to enjoy the Christmas season with family and friends. No, I will not be having a health care "conversation" with them. Sorry Obama, Christmas is about more than your petty politics.


One quick observation before I focus elsewhere: This Texans team has 100% quit. Yes, they're saying the right things after losses, talk about how gutted they are and how frustrating it is, but the performance on the field is that of a team that just doesn't care. Between a flood of penalties and missed assignments lies a deep streak of who gives a f.......?

Sure, it's safe to say that Wade Phillips hasn't quit. He's trying everything to eke out a win or two and prove he deserves the head job. Case Keenum hasn't quit, he wants to be the QB of the future, but the evidence is piling up that he's not up to the job. Ben Tate hasn't quit, he's running for his next contract with another team after all, but the O-line in front of him has shipped it in and the rest of the offense seems to be going through the motions. The defense is a shambles, with only JJ Watt really playing but being nullified by double and triple teams, while everyone else is either a penalty or blown assignment waiting to happen. When things do go right it almost feels if it's done by accident.

I didn't watch all of Sunday's game, I decided my day would be better spent doing other things, and I doubt I'll watch another game this year. When the team has quit on you, then I think it's OK, as a fan, to quit on them.

So to all of you, Texans fans and no, enjoy the Christmas and Holiday season and remember to not let it get to you too badly.


After all, there are plenty more important things in life than football.


Merry Christmas all, if I'm not posting before then.