Wednesday, November 13, 2013

College Football Predictions (Week 12)

Some odd lines this week, which either means Vegas thinks the public is out of line or they think they know something everyone else doesn't.


Without further ado......


1. Washington @ University of California Los Angeles(-2.5) - WU 13 UCLA 35 - On the road, away from their new digs, the Huskies are not the same team. UCLA has some tough losses, but they're talented and I think Hundley is getting better and better.

2. Cincinatti @ Rutgers(Even) - Ciny 42 RU 14 - Rutgers is falling apart right now. Do people not remember what UH did to them at home?

3. Iowa State @ Oklahoma(-24.5) - ISU 14 OU 24 - No offense to my OU fan friends but, given the state of this offense, how can you even predict OU to score more than 24 points in any game right now? Much less cover by 24.5? No way.

4. Georgia @ Auburn(-4) - UGA 17 Aub 42 - Lost in all of the injury talk surrounding Georgia is this fact: The Bulldog's defense has not been stellar this year. This is not the same Chizik coached confused Tiger mess from last year.

5. Miami(-3) @ Duke - The U 24 Duke 27 - There's no way I'd bet this game, but I'm going to go ahead and call the upset for the Dukies because it's basketball season, and this team deserves to be paid attention to after years of struggle. Cutcliffe for coach of the year.

6. Oklahoma State University(-3) @ University of Texas-Austin - OSU 34 UT-Austin 17 - I tried to give the fighting Mack's a chance, but after that last showing against West Virginia? OSU cruises.

7. Texas Tech @ Baylor(-27) - TTech 17 Baylor 52 - 27 feels about right in this game. Tech is falling apart and Art Briles' team is firing on all cylinders.

8. Stanford(-3.5) @ USC - Stan 27 USC 13 - USC is playing better of late, but Stanford is (by far) the best team in a very good PAC12

9. Houston @ Louisville(-15.5) - UH 42 Loserville 35 - I about dropped my coffee when I saw this line open up at 17.5 for Loserville. Did the odds makers not watch both these teams play common opponents? I think Houston wins here and their turnover happy defense is going to give Bridgewater fits.


And finally.......


Michigan @ Northwestern(-3) - Blue 13 NW 35 - A better line here would be O/U for Michigan's rushing yards, which I would set at 20. Sadly, given the sorry state of the team right now I'd have to take the under. I'm not sure what's happened, but Hoke & Co had better fix it quick or Michigan could be looking at a coaching change, again. C'mon Blue, get it together.



I need a big week here to have a shot at finishing the season better than .500 ATS. A couple of these upsets go my way and that could happen. Good luck.