Friday, May 20, 2011

A mess....played out on Twitter

First Bicycle Magazine reports that 60 Minutes reports George Hincape told Federal investigators that he saw Lance Armstrong dope

Then Hincape comes back with this:
I can confirm to you I never spoke with "60 Minutes." I have no idea where they got their information.


and this:
As for the substance of anything in the "60 Minutes" story, I cannot comment on anything relating to the ongoing investigation.


In short, another doping related mess.

Not surprising when you're dealing with a doping investigation, where even the authorities make a habit of ignoring the rule of law in order to get a conviction.

I'm a George Hincape fan, doping or not. I'm also a Lance Armstrong fan, doping or not. What I'm not a fan of are doping agencies trying to legislate events that occurred years prior without a shred of physical evidence.

A mess. Like it always is.