Monday, August 02, 2010

Something (potentially) awful this way comes.

My early review of the Texans schedule for the 2010-2011 season returned the following record:

5-11



That can't be right. Typically, after further review, I give them the benefit of the doubt on one or two games and end up around 7-9 or 8-8. I've just never looked at the schedule and felt so strongly that disaster was coming as I do this year.

- No consistent running game.

- Chester Pitts (the Texans most consistent O-lineman) is playing in Seattle this year. No one seems to take issue with that but me.

- Possibly the worst defensive backfield in the league.

- An under-achieving D-line

- Many questions on special teams. (I actually heard sports professionals on the radio today hyping Trindon Holliday.)

- An unproven, non-winning, coaching staff.

- No reliable backup for when Matt Shaub goes down.


But Five and Eleven?




Geez.