Monday, February 23, 2009

2009 Mutt Strut Bleg



My wife has informed me that I will be participating in the 2009 Mutt Strut, March 7, 2009 @ 8 AM. We've joined the Cork Cafe team because...well...we enjoy drinking wine there.

I seem to remember volunteering for this a while ago, one of those things happening way in the future that I agreed to without really thinking about it. Oh well, at least I get a t-shirt out of the deal.


As you might have guessed....here comes the bleg.

I've been assigned a fund-raising goal of $250.00 by the computer system. My personal donation to the cause was an initial $25.00 so that means I have $225.00 left to go before I hit my goal. That's 45 people making a one-time (tax deductible) donation of $5 a piece. I'm averaging over 200 readers per day on this blog.

In order to assuage your fears about the money not being put to its specific use (which has been rumored to happen from time to time) I'm providing a direct link to my personal donation page on the SPCA website here:

My Mutt Strut page.

Just click on "Support Cory!" and the system will walk you through the donation process. You can donate any amount you want, from a penny on up. I'm requesting at least $5 per person to make it easy. Dog's like Sly will thank you for it.


All donations are greatly appreciated, just please give what's comfortable in order to help the Houston SPCA and the animals that are housed there.