Monday, February 01, 2016

Taking a break: Life gets in the way

Over the past few weeks I've been able to keep  fairly constant with daily posts. Unfortunately life, as it does, gets in the way from time to time.

Based on that I'll be slowing down a little bit in February until I get some more free time in the evenings to blog.

Given what I'm sure is going to be an uneven posting schedule this month might I take a moment and direct you to the following:


My Twitter Feed - Which is where all of the things I'm currently reading/writing end up. Not only do I tweet out when I make a blog post (either on here or on The Public Money) it also updates my links on....

My Pinboard Feed. - Not as in depth as my blog but it is almost like micro-blogging about different things every day.


So, keep up with those and, until we get back on a regular schedule, enjoy the caucuses and all of the assorted bad political commentary that is going to result.

Without guessing on percentages, here's my pick of how things turn out tonight.....


Republican:

1. Ted Cruz - I think he holds on, mainly because almost no one has Trump listed as their "second choice". 

2. Donald Trump - Honestly, #1 and #2 could be reversed.  If that happens then the Cruz campaign could be in a lot of trouble.

3. Marco Rubio - I will leave it to Evan to point out to you why this might be the best position of them all.

4. Ben Carson - Fading fast.

The rest?    Time to close up shop and call it a campaign.


Democrat:

1. Hillary Clinton - In another close one, and her victory speech again reminds Democratic voters of all the reasons they didn't like her in the first place.

2. Bernie Sanders - Comes close enough that everyone starts freaking out and Democrats slowly begin to understand the ballot implications of a Sanders victory.

3. Martin O'Malley - Should drop out immediately after this.

The rest?  Oh, that's right, the Democrats don't have any other 'mainstream' candidates on the ballot. I'm still surprised that Biden didn't jump in here, he could have been the nominee hands down.



If Trump and Sanders pull out wins in their respective races then Katie bar the door.  The panic from the Cruz and Clinton campaigns is going to lead to some pretty comical campaign tactics.