Thursday, September 05, 2013

College Football Predictions Week 2

As an FYI, I'm not picking all of the games, just the ones that interest me. If I've omitted your school I'm sorry.


Week 1


Cincinatti(-8) @ Illinois - Cincy 28 Ill 10 - I'm a fan of this Cincy team. They could be the stiffest competition for Louisville

Florida(-3) @ Miami - Fla 35 Miami 13 - Too much respect given to the Cane's comming off a win vs. FAU.

Houston(-3) @ Temple - UH 35 Temple 38 - I think the Cougar's offense is back, but gawd that run defense is horrible

Oklahoma St.(-26.5)* @ UTSA - OSU 52 UTSA 10 - OSU sorted our their QB mess. UTSA is a mess.(right now)

Western Kentucky @ Tennessee(-13.5) - WKU 27 Tenn 30 - It's a mistake to write off this WKU team. They're good despite having a punk for a head coach.

Buffalo @ Baylor(-27.5) - BUF 17 Baylor 37 - I don't see Baylor doing better than Ohio St. against the Buffalo, but they won't struggle.

South Carolina @ Georgia(-3) - SC 27 UGA 20 - How UGA is a favorite here is beyond me.

Syracuse @ Northwestern(-16.5) - SU 7 NW 31 - Is Northwestern the 3rd best team in the B1G? Possibly.

Louisiana-Lafayette @ KSU(-10.5) - ULaLa 27 KSU 30 - Snyder has had a week to fix the mess, but it's still a mess. I'm tempted to pick ULaLa for the outright upset, but I won't.

Sam Houston St @ Texas A&M(-38.5) - SHSU 24 aTm 63 - The Aggies will score, a bunch, but they still have all those defensive starters out and the Bearkats can run the ball with Flanders and Sincere.

Samford @ Arkansas(-32.5) - Samford 7 ARK 56 - Last week the darling of the wise guys was Samford, I don't think we'll see a repeat of that on Saturday.

Texas(-7.5) @ BYU - UT 49 BYU 7 - I think the Longhorns are going to work the Cougars over. BYU has no scoring offense, that's a problem.

West Virginia @ Oklahoma(-21) - WVU 24 OU 63 - Different season, same problem for the Mountaineers. A lot of teams are going to get well offensively against them this year. OU will be the first.

Hawaii @ Oregon St.(-27) - HU 35 OSU 42 - Given their performance last week against Eastern Washington I don't see how you can like OSU with this line.

And finally.......


Notre Dame @ Michigan(-3.5) - ND 7 Big Blue 27 - I really think ND is in for a rude awakening this week. Loved what I saw on defense last game from Blue.


As always, good luck with your rooting interests and here's to another great weekend of College Football.