Monday, November 23, 2009

Sport's Shorts (11/23/2009)

RIP UGA VII. - I watched part of the game. I've not seen a picture yet but the image of Hairy Dawg kneeling in prayer in front of UGA's dog house was a tear jerker.

For a sport to be considered truly "Major League" their finals have to generate some buzz. Hell, I follow football and I forgot the finals were Sunday....

Rah! Rah! Sis-Boom-Bah!

If there's a greater threat to the legitimacy of MMA than the UFC in its current state I'm not aware of it. This is an organization that needs to get it's act together. Too many boxing like controversies from an organization that used to steer clear of them.


Oh yeah: The Texans play tonight, so we're all supposed to be fired up about that (or something). As for me I'm so tired of talk radio and others trying to guilt me into rooting for this mess of a team that I'm probably going to boycott this game. I actually heard Vandermeer say, on the radio, that the fans had some responsibility for this game....what??


Side note: Stop gritching UH fan. If you're outside the top 12 where you are in the AP doesn't matter.